Seward Alaska

The people of Alaska are as interesting as the state they call home. Introduce yourself to these Alaskan characters.
akraider

Seward Alaska

Post by akraider »

Hey Sports Fans
new to the forum hope this is what i'm looking for.
I've only ever lived in interior alaSka and MIGHT be going to seward to run my sled dogs this summer wondering if anyones ever been there and could tell me some of the exciting things to do there in my spare time,where to go,good places to eat and drink and just blend in with the locals
thanks
[email protected]
see ya on the trail
cuz your crusin with the raider
akraider

Newman
Site Admin

Seward, Alaska!

Post by Newman »

Hey and Welcome AkRaider!

Seward is a neat little town. It's known for the Alaska Sea Life Center Aquarium and Kenai Fjords National Park.

I've visited there a few times. Once to go on a Glacier Wildlife tour and once again for the Mountain Marathon on the the Fourth of July. Both trips were great. Even the drive to and from Anchorage is spectacular!

Tell us about dog mushing in the summer! Good luck

akraider

Dog mushing in the summer?

Post by akraider »

yea,I might be running dogs down in seward giving rich tourists rides up on Godwin Glacier it will be the first time i've lived somewhere other than the interior when living in ak.Right now i live in a little hamlet 22 miles from fairbanks on chena hot springs road.Two Rivers is the self proclamed sled dog Capital of Alaska!I have 24 sled dogs.We had such a good Racing season I kind of don't want it to end so I looked into working for a tour company down in steward.Thats how I came across this exciting alaskan Forum hope it heats up(if you know what I mean :twisted: Anyway,
It's not a sure thing yet but looking at doing it perhaps.Thats why I am intrested in getting info on steward.Any info good or bad I'll take like where to hang out (other the aquriam)cuz if I stare at fish more than an hour for some reason I start craving Fish and chips.
pass the vingar!
cuz your having lunch with the raider!
akraider
see ya on the trail
cuz your crusin with the raider
akraider