Marcus Fuller

The people of Alaska are as interesting as the state they call home. Introduce yourself to these Alaskan characters.
Newman
Site Admin

Marcus Fuller

Post by Newman »

From Powder Magazine
POWDERMAG.COM: ONLINE EXCLUSIVE
Local Hero Marcus Fuller
Submitted by Travis Andersen

CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE

I first came across Marcus Fuller by accident years ago on the ridge at Bridger Bowl. I was setting up to shoot a friend of mine who was going to ski a particular hidden, tight, technical chute. I was in position and waiting when Marcus suddenly appeared at the top of the line. He had no idea anybody was going to be there, especially with a camera, and was just skiing a line for his own pure satisfaction. He shredded the line, before my buddy and skied off laughing and hooting.

In the years that followed that day, Marcus has become a good friend and great ski partner of mine. He's a local hero for many reasons; skiing like a rock star is just a drop in the hat. Marcus has a style and energy like no other person I've ever known. He has a heart filled with kindness and a huge smile that brings warm fuzzy feelings to the hardest of men. He is the quintessential dirt bag, hippy, ski bum, powder hound; a world traveler and self taught Zen healer.
read more

Marcus is the real thing - Powder Bum. He is a great story teller and good friend. So happy and fun to be around. I scanned some of his artwork back in 1998 or so. Check it out here -
http://www.alaskagold.com/marcus