Sushi is THE Alaskan treat

Tell everyone about your favorite place to eat
Newman
Site Admin

Sushi is THE Alaskan treat

Post by Newman »

Alaska is pretty close to Japan, relatively speaking. So, it should come to no one's surprise that Sushi Restaurants are all over Alaska.

The thinkin and stuff blog highlights some that I don't know:
Go to Peter's Sushi Spot. It's really good. A cute place. not too expensive (about the same as Sushi Ya, if you've been there). While on that note, go to Shushi Ya.

Shushi Ya is on Dimond, where the Taco Bell use to be, between New and Old Seward.

Peter's Sushi spot is in the same strip mall as the Pet Emergency Center. Rita's bus is sometimes in the parking lot (it's black with pink stripes). This strip mall is right off of Old Seward before you get to the mooses tooth, on the left there's a street, turn onto it (where the highway yields onto Old Seward). then the stripmall is on your right, perpendicular to the street you're currently on.
My favorites are, of course, in Spenard. Tempura Kitchen and Agrigato are located near Minnesota and Spenard. Tempura Kitchen has my favorite tempura udon soup! I can't get enough of the stuff and eat it EVERY TIME I go there.

Newman
Site Admin

How to Eat Sushi

Post by Newman »

There are alot of things you need to know when you are at a Sushi restuarant. You could make a mistake - learn all you need at

http://eugeneciurana.com/ 's how to eat sushi page

1stimestar

Re: Sushi is THE Alaskan treat

Post by 1stimestar »

Newman wrote:
Peter's Sushi spot is in the same strip mall as the Pet Emergency Center.
Sorry, that was too funny!

Newman
Site Admin

Very true!

Post by Newman »

That might be TOO convenient for a Sushi chef to pass up.... I didn't even notice.

I stick to Arigato and Tempura Kitchen in Spenard for my sushi treats.

funny!~