Girdwood's "The Bake Shop" vs Jackie's Place

Tell everyone about your favorite place to eat
Newman
Site Admin

Girdwood's "The Bake Shop" vs Jackie's Place

Post by Newman »

"Restaurant and Bakery offering omelets, gigantic sweet rolls and huge sourdough pancake stacks. For lunch, sandwiches, pizzas and bottomless bowls of homemade soup. Summer garden dining. Open 7 days a week."
Before the day begins in Girdwood, Alaska, the good people are up making some of my favorite Alaskan Breakfasts. Big ass sweet rolls and pancakes that make you want to say "Good Lord!". A unique Alaskan experience for all who enter.

I guess I should mention my other favorite Breakfast place - Jackie's Place in Spenard. It's a classic southern style greasy spoon type place. I had a friend that loved the place because bodybuilders ate there (or maybe it was the pictures of the muscle dudes in thongs above the bar)

I guess they are both unique. Jackie's doesn't have gourmet coffee (or gourmet anything) but "The Bake Shop" doesn't have the characters or the classic / timeless waitresses.

1stimestar

Post by 1stimestar »

Will she tell me to kiss her grits? :D

Newman
Site Admin

Anchorage Classic Diner

Post by Newman »

1stimestar,

I always try to stay on her good side. If you cross the line, I'm SURE you would get the Alaskan equivalent of "Kiss my Grits!".... by the way, you CAN get grits there.