Writers Wanted!

Alaska is home to the most talented and inspirational Artists - If you are an artist, please put your information here. And if you are looking to be inspired or entertained, look here.
Newman
Site Admin

Writers Wanted!

Post by Newman »

Write travel articles for Alaskagold.com!

This site hopes to help travellers plan and have a memorable vacation to South Central Alaska.

I'm looking for all kinds of writing about the area and activities. This includes history reports, trip reports, biographies and interviews.

The length and subject of the article is up to you. Please contact me if you are interested - either PM or email [email protected]. I will send you the details.

thanks
Newman

Newman
Site Admin

Still looking for freelance / student writers -

Post by Newman »

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/wrg/168610748.html

I posted a Craigslist ad for Writers

Starving Alaskan Writers Wanted - Will pay for words!
Hi,

My name is Newman Lanier and I'm the webmaster at http://www.alaskagold.com.

I'm looking for writing about Valdez and South Central Alaska. If you looking for a start in copywriting and freelance travel writing, I'd appreciate if you contacted me.

My site has been around for while and I lived in Valdez in the late 90s. The site is essentially a directory, but I would like to add more independent, orginal content - that is articles and written material.

I'm currently looking for articles about :
:Fishing in Prince William Sound
:Heli Skiing or backcountry skiing
:Gold rush history and gold panning / prospecting
:Valdez history including natural history of the area
:Biographies of local Alaskans

I can pay $15 dollars for 400 to 800 word articles. If you have photos I can pay $2 dollars per picture ($5 with 20 word caption).

Please contact me for more details. Looking forward to working with people from the area (rather than a non-Alaskan service)

Newman Lanier PS: It's okay if you run or are affliated with a business, you can write about the experience of using your serivice (say a kayak trip or a glacier cruise) - which you can always do at our forum, if you want the exposure.
Alaskagold.com - "causing trouble today, for a better tomorrow"