coastal employment/housing options in winter?

A place for general comments and links.
bluewater

coastal employment/housing options in winter?

Post by bluewater »

Hello,

I'm posting this in the General Winter forum, too...I'd appreciate any feedback about seasonal employment in winter. We are two + our dog on a 36' sailboat, considering wintering in Alaska NEXT year ('06-07). In addition to needing a safe place to park the boat, we'd need to bring in some income. An example of the perfect situation would be to caretake a B&B for the winter season. If possible, we would love to find a place to live on land and thought caretaking might be a great opportunity. I'm sure there are other options as well. We do have a friendly, quiet, loveable dog, however, so she'd have to be allowed wherever we live.

We are two very educated and responsible adults with skills that include customer service, cooking, handyperson work, teaching, professional writing and editing and web design, as well as the ever-useful physical labor. We enjoy talking with travelers, sharing information and being generally helpful. We both love backcountry travel and we both telemark ski. Please pass this along to anyone you think might have helpful information!
Thanks!
s in colorado

1stimestar

Post by 1stimestar »

I have a friend who is a professional house sitter. He uses a site that is called something like housesitter.com. You might try something like that.