Matt Kinney's book - Alaska Backcountry Skiing: Valdez and

Alaska is a snow paradise. Resort skiing, Heli-Ski, Snow Cat-skiing, and backcountry trekking. Look here for all the local beta and to find your guide!
Newman
Site Admin

Matt Kinney's book - Alaska Backcountry Skiing: Valdez and

Post by Newman »

http://www.alaska.net/%7Echalet/in/ski_report.html

Alaska Backcountry Skiing: Valdez and Thompson Pass by Matt Kinney and published by Prince William Sound Books of Valdez, Alaska. You can read Matt's frequently updated ski report at http://www.alaska.net/%7Echalet/in/ski_report.html
Book Event...Presentation by Matt at Title Wave Books in Anchorage, AK February 23rd at 7:30pm

"Prince William Sound Books of Valdez, Alaska announced Jan. 10th the publication of the first backcountry ski guide to an Alaskan mountain range. This guide joins a growing collection of guide books highlighting popular backcountry ski destinations around the world. Alaska Backcountry Skiing: Valdez and Thompson Pass (118 pages) by Matt Kinney features 25 day routes and one expedition route all within the Chugach Mountains surrounding Thompson Pass and Valdez. Each description is accompanied by a photo and topographic map indicating the route. The book contains information on local skiing conditions including weather, avalanches, glaciers, rivers, transportation, safety notes and historical information on skiing in the Valdez area from the early 1900s to present.Alaska Backcountry Skiing: Valdez and Thompson Pass will be available February 10 at bookstores around Alaska."

The Guide Book will be available through this website by Feb 10. I am so stoked to get this out and will let folks know how to order it shortly. First books will be in Anchorage and this website. Looks like $15.95 plus shipping. If you want to reserve a copy you can e-mail me your name and I will make sure you are on the earliest mailings.
Good Job, Matt!